Dark Eldar Display Board - WIP

Saturday, August 3, 2013


There was no way my Dark Eldar army was going to fit within my old display board / tray, so this morning I went to the craft store to pick up something larger. Ended up having just enough space; not a whole lot of free space, but enough to add some extras at the back. I snapped some pictures at each step so I'll let them do most of the talking.



First, I threw all the models on the board to figure out spacing and see where I could fit some props.


There was enough room for 3 additional terrain sections at the back. These aren't the final pieces, just what I quickly put together to see how things would interact together. The plan is to add a lot more of these reeds to each of the 3 sections, making some sort of funky/dead/alien forest... thing.


My wife thought the props looked like something out of a Dr. Seuss book, so I knew I was on the right track ;)


I traced the terrain sections on the board that didn't need to be glued (this way they could be removed for easier transport).


Then came the glue and basing mixture.



I used the same basing recipe that I used on the army (basically 5 different sizes of sand/rocks).


These were shelved while the sand dried and the first coat of primer was applied.



Then I added the same to the terrain sections.


Finally, these were added to the board then another layer of primer was applied.


That's it for today. I'm going to let this dry overnight, then tomorrow start highlighting the sand and add the other props back to their sections. I think I may need to add more basing around those sections to help transition them better into the surrounding board.


No comments:

Post a Comment